Hotels Near Yosemite National Park West Entrance
Stay at a hotel near Yosemite National Park’s west entrance so you are ready for your outdoor adventures. Two exceptional lodges near the west entrances are Rush Creek Lodge and Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite. Here’s all you need to know about these properties near the Big Oak Flat and Hetch Hetchy entrances.
Hotels near Big Oak Flat entrance
If you’re coming by California Highway 120 from San Francisco, Sacramento, and other Northern California points, you’ll likely enter by the Big Oak Flat entrance. It’s 24 miles east of Groveland, Calif.
Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite
Pro-tip for travelers: Rush Creek Lodge and Spa is your best bet near the Big Oak Flat entrance. You’ll find 143 rooms, suites, and hillside villas in a wooded setting. Rush Creek Lodge and Spa is a relaxed yet sophisticated retreat for your next venture into Yosemite National Park.
Rush Creek Lodge and Spa accommodations
Rush Creek Lodge and Spa is a newly opened hotel near Yosemite. It’s been more than 25 years since Yosemite National Park saw a new property like this one. Rush Creek boasts the advantages of a modern lodge, without sacrificing the rustic feel of the area.
Stay overnight in one of the 143 lodge rooms, suites, and hillside Yosemite villas. You’ll enjoy a scenic deck, most with sunset views, and all rooms are ideal for a couples getaway or a family vacation. Look for deals year-round on the Rush Creek Lodge and Spa website.
Rush Creek Lodge and Spa is a three-hour drive from San Francisco on picturesque California Highway 120.
On-site activities at Rush Creek Lodge and Spa
Christmas, New Year’s, and Thanksgiving are festive times at Rush Creek Lodge and Spa. Explore the possibilities of visiting during these holidays.
You’ll also find these wonderful amenities, including:
- FULL-SERVICE DINING: Rustic yet refined, like Rush Creek Lodge and Spa itself. Enjoy top-notch service and delicious meals onsite. We recommend reservations.
- TAVERN: Grab a casual meal or late-night snack. Sample local craft brews and creative cocktails in a festive atmosphere. The Tavern features several TVs for sports and hosts music events, too.
- GENERAL STORE AND GIFT SHOP: Whether you’re going on a trail hike or enjoying happy hour in your suite, it’s a must-stop. Shop for snacks, sandwiches, gifts, supplies, games, gear, and more.
Ease of reaching Big Oak Flat Entrance
It’s easy to access the Big Oak Flat entrance from Rush Creek Lodge and Spa. It’s a half mile from the entrance, giving you the most convenient spot to access the park. Things to know about your trip:
- Keep plenty of drinking water in your car and gas in your tank. The nearest fueling station is 9.5 miles inside Yosemite National Park, at Crane Flat.
- GPS navigation systems aren’t always accurate in this area. Ask for details by calling or emailing the lodge ahead of time.
- Check for Yosemite National Park travel updates here.
Hotels near the Hetch Hetchy Entrance
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is just 1.5 miles from the Hetch Hetchy entrance to Yosemite National Park. At Evergreen, you’ll find free parking and WiFi, an on-site restaurant, and convenient location in Groveland, Calif.
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
You’ll find clean accommodations and friendly staff at Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite. Enjoy the delicious food and convenient services for a fun weekend getaway. The lodge features a heated swimming pool, spacious and well-heated rooms, and more.
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite accommodations
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite, which recently celebrated its 100th year anniversary, features 88 cabins among towering pines. Enjoy the scenery from your private balcony, with easy access to the lodge’s central plaza, recreational areas, and tavern.
Choose from five cabin types and custom camping onsite at Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite. There’s a room or site appropriate for individual travelers, couples, and families. Check for packages and special deals on the property website.
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is a three-hour drive from San Francisco on picturesque California Highway 120.
Evergreen Lodge on-site activities
The property contains so many diversions. You’ll find bocce, hammocks, horseshoes, zip lines, and more around the grounds. The entire area is integrated into the natural surroundings, giving visitors a sense of harmony. Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite also provides creature comforts that make it a favorite destination.
You’ll also find these terrific amenities, including:
- MAIN LODGE: Opened in 1921, it’s the centerpiece of Evergreen Lodge. Here you’ll find the main restaurant and tavern, serving original cocktails and locally sourced dishes made from scratch when possible.
- POOL BAR: Open seasonally, it features a saltwater pool and hot tub. Enjoy happy hour and a summer barbecue here. Food and drinks at the pool bar close a fitting day in Yosemite National Park.
- TAVERN: Visit the Tavern for casual meals, specialty drinks, and craft beer. It’s a local favorite with lots of character, an old-west feel, a pool table, and a 30-foot wood bar.
Ease of reaching Hetch Hetchy Entrance
You’re a mile from the Hetch Hetchy Entrance to Yosemite National Park at Evergreen Lodge, in the Stanislaus National Forest. The lodge is also convenient to many points of interest in the area.